Sunday, September 6, 2009

Here is my first official article for this blog of mine. And i felt that the perfect entry was not a new thought process or theory or opinion or belief....but a pre-written post that i once penned down to express what i was feeling during a very critical time.....when both personal and student phases of my life were in turmoil i would say. It was written on Facebook and posted through my profile on 06th September 2009. 



I feel the post, in the core of it, still represents the essence of my ideologies, of what drives me forward at times, of what keeps me frm staggering in my path of the ambitions i have laid down for myself in the coming years.

For the reference,Pradeep sir n CM sir have been my teachers at Bakliwal Tutorials, my 2nd home in class 11th n 12th....who are like brotherly and fatherly figures to me. I would say that i have had the luck and opportuniy of studying at IITs due to these great intellectual n knowledgeable people. Kudos to them:)



What I want from Life.....

by Gourav Khullar on Sunday, 06 September 2009 at 00:56
My teachers at Bakliwal tutorials, with the students

Sitting and listening to Pradeep sir can be an amazing Experience....specially if u acknowledge the fact that his lectures are soo filled wid information and data with such few written material! Listening to ChandraMohan sir can literally be a very practical and rib-tickling joy ride that each of his student will agree wid....cheers:)....but there is one thing that is common in the way both teachers teach......wich is what i really liked.....:)

Both Pradeep sir n CM sirappreciate the fact that whatever they teach their students...is actually the original work and hardwork of hundreds of great minds that started working since time immemorial....they know the fact that its da hardwork f our ancestors all over the world that we have so many laws just written and taken for granted in todays world!

Victor Grignard, Allesandro Volta, Euler,Michael Faraday, Isaac Newton,Albert Einstein, js to name a few.....these men had a thing in common.....all worked hard selflessly...in pursuit f their goals...and after achievin them....became immortal in the Sands Of Time......


It has been Pradeep sir n CM sir who made me realise what i want to actually achieve in dis life iv been given.....M1 Lecture..4th september 2009, 7:37 in mah watch....sir was talkin about the Simpson's Rule for Numerical Integration...named after Sir Thomas Simpson,a gr8 English Mathematician.....and he js said...it was due to the efforts of this guy that Areas under the curve used to be calculated earlier....

And it suddenly dawned on me...this is what i want....after all those chem lectures...those Named reactions...those Laws named after Gr8 people.....this is what i desire....that i do somethin worth my life! i achieve smthn in life so that my name is also engraved in da Book f Time like these amazin ppl! all i want to do is....do smthn in this life so that people remember me...be it whatvr...Khullar's Law....Gourav's Rule if you may.....whatver...but smthn wid wich the world remembers this odd human.....:)

Moreover...i promise to work for it...to toil for it...so i do not disappoint the people that hav unending Faith in me...who expect only the best for me....thank u fr ur support:)...coz i promise i wont let u down.....

So the jist is.......100 years frm now...i wish...maybe sm kid in high school shall chant my name a day before his exams and say......Why the Hell did dis idiot Make this Law!!?!?!?:P

Cheers:)

3 comments:

  1. here is the first comment for your blog ...

    I really like the idea, something that I share myself. ok.. maybe not the exact same thing .. but yes something similar. So firstly, I want to thank you for the post, cos it has acted as a reminder of what I intend to do with my life and how I'm not on the correct path right now. It has kinda awoken me from the slumber that I allowed myself after the toil to get into IIT.

    And let this be a lesson for you as well. DON'T deter from the path..every time you tend to, RE-READ this post. Such posts are more important for the author than the readers and THIS is a universal law .. and since I'm the one who told it to you .. lets call it Rajat's Blogging Rule .. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shukriya...for the first comment, boss!:)

    I Totally agree with Rajat's Blogging Rule. This post acted as a motivation, an inspiration in pretty difficult times last year. A lot of things were happening simultaneously and it was difficult to control to the outcome to every event. My mindset at that time was conditioned to the fact that apart from JEE, practically nothing else mattered. Or maybe i should say The Exam was da topmost priority.

    And yes, i intend to do that- read it everytime i feel im going astray, and iam glad it could benefit you in such a great manner.
    Cheers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for ur new law, Gaurav. It's high time we produced great creative minds from our country :)

    ReplyDelete